First off, Happy 2017 Friends! I’ve seen a lot of people giving shit for the sang “New Year, New Me.” In reality, you truly can change the direction of your life! It’s all about the choices that you make & the optimism that you foster… But that’s for a different blog post… Now, onto the regularly scheduled post…
Hello from the frozen tundra that others like to call Minnesota! Here the sun rises at 8 a.m. & sets at 5 p.m. I am (im)patiently awaiting my escape to sunnier and warmer places n the world (Florida & Cali, I’m coming for you!)
Sorry for the dramatic entrance, but winter makes me nuts.
Read on for tips & tricks to keep your body happy during the winter!
8 Ways to Move Your Body:
- Ask a friend to get coffee with you at the mall and then WALK AROUND while you catch up. Now, this isn’t your typical grandparent mall-walking. Get a cup of tea from your favorite coffee shop & talk about your dreams and passions.
- For you Vikings out there, try the winter sports such as cross-country skiing & snowshoeing!
- Try new activities for your date night (with your ladies or significant other). Activities such as indoor rock climbing, dance classes, and ice skating are all excellent options.
- It isn’t very glamorous (sweat & cold at the same time?!) but you can’t deny that shoveling the snow is a killer workout for your entire body.
- Utilize Youtube Fitness Videos such as Fitness Blender. The Fitness Blender hosts, Daniel & Kelli, offer yoga, HIIT, Pilates and other workouts. All of the workouts are completely free!
- Find a local Gardens of Lights- Celebrate the season by going through a lovely stroll, ooh-ing and ahh-ing, at the LED displays.
- Join a studio with group classes- You drive to the class & the rest of your workout is taken care of for you. Bonus: Many places offer a free week!
- Put on your snow boots, find your old snow pants, and embrace your inner-child by playing in the snow. Make snow angels, go sledding, or have a snow ball fight!
Twin Cities Bonus
- If you live near the Twin Cities, head to Mall of America, each level is 1.15 miles long! Daily, we should walk five miles a day, that’s roughly 4.5 laps around the mall.
- Here is a list of places to go snowshoeing in Minnesota.
- Here is a list of places to go cross-country skiing in Minnesota.
- My favorite place to go rock climbing in the Twin Cities is Vertical Endeavors.
- Dance classes are often held for free by Dance MPLS check their Facebook page for updates.
- Visit this beautiful ice skating rink in Saint Paul. Tip: If you have a Wells Fargo debit or Credit Card you get to skate for free.
- Take a stroll through the Winter Lights at the Arboretum.
- Download the Mindbody App to find group fitness classes near you.
What are your favorite ways to move during the Winter? Are there any winter activities that you refuse to participate in? What are you most excited for in 2017?
Want to receive a FREE guide that teaches you how to travel for free and work abroad??
Sign up for my newsletter!
Lots of love to you!