Ever wonder what it’s like to flow with a heard of baby goats??
Stop wondering, I goat you covered!
What is Goat Yoga?
It’s a silly adaptation of a normal yoga class. Some yoga people love it, while others think that it’s absurd. Regardless, it most likely has found it’s way onto your bucket list!
For 45 minutes to an hour, you do a yoga class with baby goats roaming in-between the mass of yoga mats. You’ll follow a simple sequence, full of downward goats & upward goats & chanting “Bahh”. Your furry friend may nibble on your hair, step on your hands, & climb on top of you! Maybe you’ll have the next viral yoga goat video…
From my experience, it’s a chaotic class that isn’t focused on relaxation or an intense workout. In reality, everyone is grabbing their phones for the perfect shot. At the same time, the goats are running around eating the scattered food between the yoga mats. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a blast! Your abs will be on fire because you’re laughing uncontrollably.
Add this to your bucket list. Invite a friend that you haven’t seen in awhile to join you. I promise, you two will have a great time & will have a blast catching up & reflecting on the event together.
Tips for Goat Yoga
- Wear layers if the class is in a barn or outside. If the space is cold, your body will appreciate the extra clothing.
I suggest a tight zip up, long yoga pants, & socks.
- Borrow a yoga mat from the host (if they’re available) or bring a cheap mat that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Bring hand sanitizer for after the class for your hands.
- If you have Clorox wipes, use one to wipe down your mat after class.
Should I do Yoga With Goats?
Absolutely! It’s a fun way to spend your Saturday or Sunday morning. It’s the perfect way to leave your comfort zone & try something new in an unfamiliar location!
You’ll raise your Endorphins (the happy hormones) from the laughter & maybe even cuddle with an adorable kid!
Before your class, go with an open mind. It will obviously be different than any other yoga class that you have ever taken in the past.
States with Goat Yoga
- Arizona Goat Yoga
- Blissful Goat Yoga in California
- Rocky Mountain Goat Yoga in Colorado
- The Yoga Garden in Florida
- Goat Yoga Las Vegas in Nevada
- Jenness Farm in New Hampshire
- Mad Lavender Farm in New Jersey
- Purpose Farm in New York
- Hux Family Farm in Durham, North Carolina
- Goat Yoga in Oregon
- Goat Yoga in Nashville Tennessee
- Goat Yoga Houston in Texas
- The Wobbly Ranch in Washington
- Goat Yoga in Wisconsin
Also a simple google search should be able to help you find a class near you!
Another post you may enjoy: Tips for Practicing Yoga Outside
Here at The Exploring Yogini, we’re a community of travelers that LOVE yoga. Ironically, yoga & travel don’t mix well. After all, it’s hard to maintain a practice while you’re traveling!
I’d like to offer you a free yoga class that is perfect for traveling yoga lovers. To access the class, all you have to do is sign up for my newsletter here.
I send around 1 email a month & I never SPAM your account.
See you next week!